Monday, August 3, 2009

Confession Time~Come Back Wagon

I'm upset with myself....

I haven't exercised (except for that one walk in Wisconsin) for two and a half weeks. I was on such a roll before I went on vacation. Even though I was struggling with migraines...I still went out and moved! And I took that Zumba class! Wow...I was feeling so good.

I got up this morning at my usual time and it was pitch black outside (and HOT). I don't really like walking in the pitch black that much because I worry that people can't see me. I didn't encounter any cars....but it still makes me nervous.

So the results of this morning were that I was only able to go 1.5 miles. My back and knees were hurting and I felt like I was walking through sand. I've lost my momentum. Two and a half months of work is down the drain and I feel like I'm starting over!

The 5K I was training for is only 6 weeks away....I'm not sure I have enough time now.

Also...since I'm in a confessing mood. My sister moved in with us this weekend. She left an impossible situation in Texas, packed up everything and moved to Utah. We are jokingly calling her my Sister-Wife because I seriously need some help around here with these kids! I know I'm going to love having her here...but she drinks Dr. Pepper. OH TEMPTATION! I'm trying to resist.....

*connie chases the wagon and jump back on*

Anyone else struggling lately?


The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass. ~Martin Mull

12 comments:

  1. Since I've started blogging exercising and eating goes well since people like you inspire me!

    So what can I do to get Conny her groove back.

    Hmmm let me see ....

    I suppose you'll just have to try for the 5K, doesn't matter if you walk during the race. Eventually you'll get to the finish line and that feels great!

    Good luck, I'm here to support you and cheer you on your way to your 5K

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the opposite problem. Too much exercise. I just came off a three-week jag where I worked out every day at least once (and often twice). I finally gave myself a rest day yesterday...

    Sometimes this exercise stuff becomes as obsessive as the dieting.

    I just know me, and know that as soon as I stop, a couple of weeks will have gone by and I'll wonder what happened...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you! I need to get back on the wagon and start working out more. I have been pretty laid back during the summer but its time to take control!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same thing happened to me while I was on vacation. I only ran 3 times and for half the distance I normally would do. Not to mention my asthma is terrible where we vacation. I struggle with breathing at all and then adding any excercise is just ridiculous...so I don't.

    Remember, we are training to do a 5k at the same time. My brewathing won't right itself for another month...so I'll be walking/running. Just still do it and do the best you can. Start training again! Let's go!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the thing....It's so not 2 and a half months down the drain. I know it seems like it at the moment, but all you have to do is what you did...
    Take it one day at a time Connie. It's not going to take 2 and a half months to get back into a groove...not nearly..You're back in now after this morning. So just look forward to getting through the day.
    And about the dr. Pepper, I understand completely! When my friend was here I had DP in the fridge for her. But I reminded myself that I'd be happy for a minute as I drank it, but then I'd feel like crap. So just remind yourself of that!
    Hold your head up high and remember that it's always possible to start right back....and you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely right with you! So much stress in my life lately that it has been so hard to stay motivated, I was quick to get the "whats the point" attitude. My oldest goes back to school on Wednesday and I think its just what I need to get myself back into a routine and on the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can TOTALLY prepare for a 5k in six weeks. Don't give up! With Bobbi there, you girls should encourage each other. C'mon. Don't quit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back away from the Dr. Pepper! LoL.

    My dear Connie...We all get into ruts every now and then, so do not beat yourself up over this.

    Two and half months are NOT down the drain! You still have done amazingly!

    Here's to hoping you find your mojo this week! :)

    Always remember: YOU ARE AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really bad over my vacation, and then some. But August is a new month and start over! It really might feel like starting completely over but the bounce back is much quicker. You really should do the 5K anyway, it is good to get the first one out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Connie, I am with you on the slacking, but I am taking your other post about office hours and goals to get myself in gear. August's goal: Exercise 20 days. Seeing as how it is August 3, and I haven't started yet, I better get moving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you that you got out and did 1.5 miles - that's better than nothing! And it's not 2 1/2 months down the drain. You will bounce back very quickly once you get back into your routine. Keep it up and you will be back in the groove in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's reassuring to konw I'm not the only one struggling to keep motivated but we will get there!

    Tania (via SITS)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!