Thursday, August 27, 2009

Week 23...Stuck

Welcome to the 22nd (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 208 pounds
This week: 210 pounds

GAIN....2 pounds


I didn't get my post written yesterday but I have a great excuse. Wanna hear it? I'm a Mom who blogs (as opposed to a Mommy Blogger) at The Young and The Relentless and yesterday I was the featured blogger at SITS. It was a great day! I had tons of visits and comments on my blog and made a bunch of new friends.

You will notice that I've gained two pounds since last week. I would like you to know that on Friday of last week...I weighed 206. But guess who showed up for my blogging party yesterday? TOM.

The last few months I've done a little experiment with some supplements and as soon as TOM leaves...I'll tell you about them. I think I've had a break thru on the PMS front.

I am having a horrible time getting back on track. I've too tired to get up early (because my son wakes up during the night...he's 3) and my kids are refusing to take a nap so I'm getting no workouts in. And when I'm tired...I eat.

One morning this week I was laying awake in bed at 4am (thanks Alex) and I was thinking about all of the things that are coming up that I wanted to lose weight for. The first one being the 5K that is not just 16 days away that I'm going to blow off.

And I have a fabulous blogging conference that I'm going to in October. I want to look all cute and stuff when I meet these bloggers for the first time. There is a shirt that I bought at the beginning of the summer that I want to wear....

Finally, I want to learn to ski! My friend Chrisy even offered to teach me and I told her I would do it *when I lost weight*. My reasoning for waiting was that I wanted to buy a CUTE OUTFIT to ski in and I didn't want to buy FAT CLOTHES.

So...here I sit. Not working out, eating Swiss Rolls (damn you Bobbi) and gaining weight. I guess I really need to have a long talk with myself and get motivated. Why can't I get my ass in gear?

SITScation........7 weeks
Learn to Ski....20 weeks



This week AMBER wants to know what my favorite dieting secret is. If I had to come up with one thing that is a key to losing weight...I would have to say FIBER. We all know what fiber does for us....and if you are full of **** you will gain weight and feel like crap. Literally. This is a secret that I need to do more of...because it makes sense that if you eat healthy, natural food (made by God a farmer) that you will process it faster and feel better.

Plan for WEEK 24:
Thursday~ ELLIPTICAL
Friday~ Walk AM
Saturday~ Off
Sunday~ Off
Monday~ Walk AM
Tuesday~ Walk AM
Wednesday~ Walk AM

10 comments:

  1. i just joined your other blog THE YOUNG AND THE RELENTLESS and you just joined my blog SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB and i also have issues with wanting to lose weight since having a baby about a year ago and not doing things b/c i want to be skinnier when i do them i am looking forward to joining your journey of weight loss and i may blog about it today too thanks for joining my little blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! When I found your blog yesterday during my very special day I was so happy because I love your writing style and humor.

    blogging about trying to lose weight has been really helpful. I just need to break out of this rut I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks, doesn't it? I injured my shin 4 weeks ago and have been trying to rest it - hence, no running. Plus the beach = weight gain, no motivation, feeling icky. After William's birthday party on Saturday, I am GETTING SERIOUS. Srsly! See you on WWF ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I feel your pain. Good for you for sticking with it through. As soon as we are settled in our new house, I'll be back at it too. I'll celebrate your victories if you'll celebrate mine. Sound like a plan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proud of you for sticking with it! We all have bad weeks...I've had a few myself. The most important thing is that we keep focused on our goal. That's what I was just telling myself this morning...while I was picturing myself wearing a smaller size, running further and longer, and feeling better. We can do it!! Fiber is a great diet secret. It really is key to staying full longer and losing weight faster.

    Hope you're having a great week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOM is such a pain in the ass! Damn him/her for coming around and making us miserable! I am in a rut right now too, I have been sleepy lately and just cant get motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hai Connie,

    First of all: I missed your blogging so I'm glad you're back.

    Checked your other blog and it looks good!

    I'm sorry to hear that's it difficult to get back on track. I hope that change for the better is coming soon for you.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know from experience, when you want to lose weight, 2 pounds sometimes seems like a big deal to gain. It's not though. It may just be water retention, muscle mass or due to hormones.

    You have an exciting life. I hope you have lots of fun in October at the blogger conference and learning to ski.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are trying to get out of this funk, I would suggest NOT blowing off the 5k that is 16 days away!!! Do it! You know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobbi's got to quit buying that stuff. I would eat it TOO!

    I eat a bowl of All Bran almost every morning and every evening. Keeps me regular and I believe it carries "junk" out of my system. I also just switched to green tea vs. coffee. [I read something in that book "Skinny Bitch" while standing in Barnes and Noble that convicted. I drink too much coffee.]

    When TOM leaves, get right back on the wagon. I wanna ski with you this year! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!