Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 22...Head Cold

Welcome to the 22nd (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 208 pounds
This week: 208 pounds

Loss....0 pounds


I've been sick. I had this huge epiphany last Thursday....and then I got a horrible head cold. I'm just NOW starting to feel better....but it's been a week of comfort food and laying around.

You may notice that I changed the name of my blog. I am now Fat to FIT Mommy. You can read all about the changes in my thinking and name if you click HERE. I recently had a bunch of drama in my life involving my parents and my decision to not have them in my life (for now) brought back so many memories and feelings I needed to deal with. It was as if a light bulb went off and a lifetime of bad choices became clear to me.

I'm putting the past behind me and starting over with a clean slate. I will no longer allow toxic people to create drama in my life. I will walk away from people that aren't good for me. I will be selfish and do things that are right for me and my family.

The Plan for week 23:
Thursday ~ Walk
Friday~ Walk
Saturday~ Off
Sunday~ Yoga
Monday~ Walk
Tuesday~ Walk


Question of the Week:

Not just back to school time, but basically, summer is coming to an end. Is summer harder or easier for you to stick to your weight loss goals?

I've been thinking about summer ending because I'm not a workout in bad weather kind of girl and once the temperatures drop....I will need to move my exercise indoors. Which shouldn't be that hard since I have an Elliptical and a Weight machine in my basement. It's just a matter of committing to the change in routine. I can do it...and I will! That said, I will need to find all of the motivation that I can because I tend to want to hibernate in the cold Utah winter.

17 comments:

  1. Good for you, Connie! I think, especially once we have children, that we do need to be a bit selfish. If that means eliminating the negative {people} from our life, then so be it. We have to do what's best for our families! That doesn't make it easy, though. I hope you are finding peace. It sounds like you are definitely moving forward.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you that you're going to choose for yourself and your family!

    Sorry that you've been sick but happy that you're feeling better now.

    Usually I exercise less in the summer but this summer I kept on exercising which makes me very proud of myself. But I'll have to be strong when it's getting dark early and colder: the house is so warm and comfy then and going to gym is going to ask a lot of discipline for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, give running in the winter a try. I know it is easy for me to say since I live in the deep south, but I actually enjoyed running in the cold. Something about that burning in your lungs that makes you feel like you are working hard!! I recommend getting a bondi band for your ears/hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely cant have the toxic people in your life right now...it is so damaging.

    I am the opposite of you in the weather. Right now everything for me has to be indoors and in about November I can get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I have my recumbent bike because winters are cold here in NYC too. Make the basement a happy place and use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I have my recumbent bike because winters are cold here in NYC too. Make the basement a happy place and use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie -
    What a hard decision but it sounds like a good one for you and your family. I also am not a cold weather working out kind of girl. It makes me sad because I am loving my trail so much. I think I am going to try to tough it out this winter. We shall see. I will probably end up on the couch with a bag of chips all winter.

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I caught your cold. Ugh. I hope you're feeling better. I'm making progress...

    Sometimes I hit a "burnout" space towards the end of summer [I'm in it right now, doing the best to push through it, but I'm eating too much refined crap.] I usually circle the wagons have a renewed commitment to healthier eating and exercising in the fall.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me summer is harder because I don't have as much structure and structure keeps me on top of my weight loss game!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That kind of sucks. I actually look forward to fall/winter b/c I prefer working out/exercising in cooler weather. Yes, I said cooler. It does get cold in the winter, but it probably feels like your fall. Our weather is mild. But that said, our summer is horrible, so I can't go walking until 8 or 9 b/c it's so hot.

    That does sound like a hard decision regarding your parents, but I can understand where you're coming from. I know we've talked a little in the past. Hopefully it will be a good one for you, or at least to separate yourself from the negativity. Drawing clear boundary lines and demanding healthy environments is good. Especially when you have 2 precious little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're making lots of changes in your life...good for you! I think we all have a lifetime of bad habits that we are trying to overcome...that seems to be a common denominator among people trying to lose weight. You're doing great. You're exercise plan for the week is inspiring me. That is the main area I need to improve!

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, head colds are horrible; I hope you feel better soon.

    You're attitude about life and your fitness goals are so inspirational. Leaving the past behind isn't an easy step but it's something we all need to do sometimes to move ahead in our lives.

    I love the outdoors but we live in FL and I cannot handle the heat. It's easier for me to get more variety when the cooler temperatures arrive but not necessarily easier to lose weight.

    Hugs to you sweet Connie and thanks for you support and encouragement.

    ~ Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one strong mama! There are so many great dvd's that you can stock up on too. I know you already have Sadie's but check out Tracey Mallett and also the 30 day shred... the shred is kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from SITS. I am about to try to lose 50 pounds. I am going to add you to my reader so that I can get some much need modivation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's eastier in summer. The long days make you feel more positive anyway, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clean Slate. Good Thing. Hope you're feeling better!!

    I have an award for you :)

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. Thanks for sharing with us.

    I'm with you- drama is overrated and belongs in high school where it can die a long, painful death (along side scrunchy socks and tight rolled jeans).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!