Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Eminem made me do it.

My alarm went off at 5:15am this morning...like it does most mornings. For the last two weeks I've been shutting it off in the middle of the night because I'm not getting enough sleep. There is a little boy in my house with sinus trouble and he likes to play in the middle of the night and then he gets hungry. It's really hard to get up at 5:15am when you had to serve snacks in bed to your toddler at 1:36am.

Anyway, I have a ring tone that wakes me up that is somewhat motivating. It is what gets me out of bed most mornings. It's from the Big & Rich Song Big Time.

Today is even better than yesterday
Everything is going my way
I'm living the big time

Once I hear this...it runs through my head a few times and then I get up. Today was tough. For once, I didn't have a headache but I did have a pain in my stomach that I know well. A gallbladder attack.

I haven't had an attack in almost two years but I know why I'm getting one now. I've been eating crap and not drinking water or exercising. It's been an emotional week and I take it out on food. Plus, my sister is here and she buys all kinds of crap and it calls to me from the pantry. Thinking of getting a lock box for her to put her stuff in....

I laced up my shoes, grabbed my water bottle and I was off like a Prom dress. It's really dark in Utah at 5:30am so I've decided to walk through the Adult Living community a few blocks away. It's well lit and there is a little old man that walks there every morning. He's smarter than I, as he wears a flashing red light on his belt. He also bounces a small ball every few steps and his movements are fluid and light. I'm sure he is pushing 80 and he inspires me....

I also ran into the Mormon Barbies that I see ever so often. I wave as they trot by in their perfectly matching workout outfits, tanned limbs and sleek blonde ponytails. I'm jealous of their ability to run....

When I started out this morning,I told myself that no matter what, I was going to go 2 miles....I look at my iPhone and I'm only at 1.26 miles. My knees are sore and my right hip is starting to talk to me.

I'm at a crossroads. I can keep walking straight and go home...finishing just under 1.5 miles or I can turn left, walk up the hill and reach my goal. Before I make up my mind a new song comes on my iPod...Lose Yourself by Eminem.

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

That was the push I needed and I took the long way home....2 miles exactly!

11 comments:

  1. Good for you for pushing on!!! I'm sorry to hear your little one's been sick and so much tempation has been around! Stick with it! You're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! On! I'm proud of you, Connie. When it's easy.. well, it's easy, but when it's hard, is when it really counts. Don't quit! Tell Bobbi to quit buying crap. It's not good for her either. :-) [She says with a cinnamon twizzler hanging from her mouth.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use that song to push through as well!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I try and download all the songs you mention because I need all the motivation I can get. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Eminem! You did great Conny, you've made it!

    You're getting up early! I thought I was an early starter at 6 am :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I personally love eminem. :) So proud of you for going the extra distance! I went walking last night and did NOT want to. I felt so much better after I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job!!! The song was just the kick in the pants you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woot woot!!! You go girl! I have a slight Eminem obsession and he motivates me often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great song, and you did a great job, pushing on through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i use to get up and go for a run, then it turned into a walk, and now its computer time!

    thanks for inspiring story. I belong out there as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!