Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 21...Resisting Temptation

Welcome to the 21st (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the incredible Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last Week: 206 pounds
This week: 208 pounds

Gain.....2 pounds

I've been a very naughty girl. *connie hangs head in shame* It's been an emotional week. My skin cancer diagnosis left me reeling and in shock. But thanks to many wonderful emails and comments I discovered that the chances of it being Melanoma are slim. And if by chance it is, I'll deal with it. However, these revelations....didn't prevent me from doing some emotional eating. I knew what I was doing and I knew the consequences.

My sister has been here a week and a half and I'm struggling with her being here because of the FOOD issue. She buys lots of junk food and I've found myself eating it. She also eats like a Toddler so I've altered our menu to accommodate her and it's taking it's toll on my eating habits. I've got to find a way to balance this out.

Bobbi's stash...it was worse, we ate some of it.

I jumped back on the Wagon yesterday and I was happy to see the wagon sitting outside my house waiting for me at 5:30am this morning! I wandered the neighborhood...not sure where I wanted to walk...this darkness is freaking me out a little. I ran into my little old man and I noticed that his ball has a string attached. What a smart guy! I also saw a falling star (my husband has informed me it was a METEOR) and I had to laugh because When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls was playing and this was the line when I saw it....

Be careful what you wish for Cuz you just might get it You just might get it You just might get it

Plan for Week 22

Wednesday~ Walk
Thursday~ Sadie Nardini Yoga DVD
Friday~ Walk
Saturday~ Walk
Sunday ~OFF
Monday~Walk
Tuesday~Walk
  • Vitamins
  • Water
  • NO MORE SODA!
  • Healthy Family Friendly Recipes
Want some of this? Click HERE.

8 comments:

  1. I read a blog yesterday and the gal was reading the book "Skinny Bitch", or "How to Be a Skinny Bitch"... I can't remember the title. ANYWAY, it sounds like a good book. One of the things they say [which I've read before] is that soda, even DIET soda can prevent weight loss.

    You girls need to get rid of Bobbi's stash. I wouldn't be able to resist that either!

    You crack me up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stash! No way would I be able to resist that one. I have been emotional eating this week too. I keep telling myself that tomorrow I am not going to do it...well tomorrow has yet to come.

    Great job getting out to exercise this morning and yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the wagon finally arrived! It took some time but you jumped on! Good for you!

    Hmmmm I love Pringles! I try not to buy them too much but my hub likes them too and he has a healthy weight so when we eat them I try to give him most of it. Have to say that doesn't always work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, In response to your comment on my blog. You can still play your music while using the app on your iPhone/iPod. You just play your playlist/music first, then go into the app. It beeps or tells you when to run and when to walk and that's it! It's great, and totally worth the 1.99 I think! Let me know what you think of the app if you decide to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting back on the wagon. I fell off about two weeks ago and have been putting off even finding it rather than getting back on. I am set to make the change, though. I'm not sure it will start at 5:30am, but 7am tomorrow morning for sure. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so tough when you have such temptation in the house. My hubs has junk like that in our house too, lucky for me its not my thing. Now if there was ice cream in the house....Id be done for!

    Great job on getting back on the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some serious temptation to try and resist. I was practically licking my screen.

    Go FIT MOMMY!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay girl, first of all, I really want to apologize for not commenting lately. I am horrible, and I'm going to change that.

    Second, I would find it SO impossible to resist all that yummy goodness. I mean bad, bad stuff. :)

    You'll get back on track! Heck, you already are! Can't wait to read this week's update! You rock girl.

    ♥ Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!