Monday, April 20, 2009

Snack Time: Sugar Snap Peas

I'm trying really hard to eat better. I want to eat more veggies and fruit but when I reach for a snack...I end up with popcorn, pretzels or chocolate.

Today instead of putting some chips on a plate with my sandwich I decided to have some Sugar Snap Peas instead. These come in a package ready to eat! 3 ozs (or a third of the bag) is only 40 calories and 7 carbs, 2 g of fiber and 2 g of protein. This is the perfect snack! You can cook these too but I love them straight out of the bag!

Give it a try!

P.S. I threw away all of the Easter candy and I didn't eat any of my son's birthday cake. I am so proud of me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, good for you! You're doing so much better than I am on the eating...ugh - but that's for Wednesday's post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have more willpower than I do. I think I'll finish off the Easter candy tonight so it will stop bothering me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl! I had a salad today and I felt SO GOOD! I love it how you feel when you choose something good to eat instead of the crappy crap feeling after you eat something actually yummy. hehe. Oh well. Such is the world of dieting.

    I'm with ya sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious Connie! Last night I got the munchies and instead of getting out the chips like I usually do, I got out a bag of those little carrots and they were really good. I was so proud of myself. Of course today I had a big slice of pie. Somehow I don't think the two balance out. Oh well...

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!