Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week Four...Pissed!

Welcome to the Fourth (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition hosted by the beautiful Amber Filkins!

Let's weigh-in...

Last week: 211 pounds
This week: 215 pounds

Gained...4 pounds

***hangs head in shame***

Crap! I'm hoping...that this is water weight or the the 6oz Ribeye I ate last night. I cut off all of the fat AND I didn't eat all of it. So I probably only ate 5 oz (note to self: weigh the leftover steak that is in my fridge). I am feeling a little bloaty today....AGH I'm just so pissed! I didn't eat the birthday cake or the ice cream. I threw out the Easter Candy! I did drink some wine on Monday...it was my son's 3rd birthday and he gave me the business all day long. Hubby brought me some Merlot. I also didn't get to work out as much. My knee was messed up and then I threw out my back and it took a few days to get better. That has to be it....

The Plan from last week:

I only exercised once because of my knee but I did plenty of walking and took the kids to the park, which winded me. I drank more water and a little less soda and ate more salad. I found a new salad dressing that I like! I didn't learn a new Yoga move.

The Plan for Week Five:

Exercise 4 times...
Drink MORE water
Drink NO Alcohol
More Salad...small servings
Learn ONE Yoga Move


Question of the Week:
Share some of the music that you work out to. What helps you rock it!? What gets your blood pumpin?

I start every single workout with this song. I do some light stretching while I listen to it and it lifts me up and gets me ready to start my workout and my day on a good note. Some of my other favorites are....

Stronger by Kanye West
When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls
Womanizer by Britney
Beautiful Liar by Beyounce & Shakira
Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake
Rockstar by Nickleback
Love Story by Taylor Swift
Wanna Be Startin Somthin' by Michael Jackson

Then I end with New Soul by Yael Naim!

Still need to reveal my BEFORE picture....hopefully this week.

16 comments:

  1. Go by clothing size - not pounds. And try weighing yourself again when you're not feeling bloated. Don't get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so discouraging, isn't it? Amber said this week that this weight loss/healthy eating thing is like ebbs and flows and she's so right. Could be water weight. Wait until next week to see how you weigh. Might be a false gain. :-)

    Happy birthday to your little boy!!

    It's so hard to work out when you're injured. It's more important to heal first. Hang in there Connie there's always next week. I hope your knee feels better.

    Good luck next week!!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I love your list of songs... How could I have forgotten all those great hits, I need to make " bringing sexy back by JT" my theme song... Dont beat yourself up over the gain.. I'm sure you still look hot.:) I'll let you know if it was the wine, Im going to drink my bottle of Merlot that I had every since Valentines Day very soon... I had a rough week, so lots of hot bubble bath and glasses of wine, should help ease the mind a little :) ha ha ha !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That darn bloat! I agree, I wouldn't get hung up on the number today. It could be water weight, who knows. Also, I've said it before, but muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are exercising a lot more than you used to, you are gaining muscle and it's going to weigh more. You're doing great, we all have highs and lows. Just keep up the great attitude :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already said this to you, but you will probably see a bigger loss next week. You may HAVE gained a little b/c of your knee injury, and then part of it can be water weight. That's my guess.

    You CAN do it!! You ARE doing it!!

    LOVE your music, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ya, and LOL at Tecia's comment about 'Sexy Back' being her theme song!

    That should be ALLLL of our theme songs!

    I feel a prompt coming on for next week already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!! You aren't old. I just got to know most of them by just running to that same station :)

    I love Sexy Back by JT.

    Chin up...I agree with Amber about having a bigger loss next week. I have lost 35 lbs of baby #4 weight since Sept. I have 9 more to go.
    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie you are doing terrific! Just keep at it as much as you can and you will see results - that's what I'm telling myself anyway :-) Here's to a big loss for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing great! There are always setbacks, your injuries didn't help one bit!! Hope they are doing better by the way! Keep it up! You are awesome! I love Jewel!!!! Great song list too!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I totally agree with Kate's comment. Please don't let the scale be your only judge as to how you think you're doing. I don't even have a scale... it's how my clothes fit and how I feel.

    I read posts by wonderful ladies who are getting upset over the gain of a pound or two from the previous week. Please, please, please bear in mind that MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT.

    You could be doing everything right (and getting leaner) and your scale will not reflect that. DO NOT let it get you down.

    As for the not eating birthday cake (I'm assuming your little guy's 3rd B-day cake?) You HAVE to be able to let yourself enjoy these things here and there. You can't wait until you declare "I'm here! I'm happy with my body now! Pass the cake." Have a glass of wine. Have a little piece of cake. Just adjust for those things elsewhere.

    I've never been by for a visit before, and I realize I just wrote you a book, but what you posted really touched me. I don't know you, I don't know your struggles (oh and I know how much injuries suck!) but you sound like you are being so hard on yourself.

    No need to "hang your head in shame." You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing really well keeping track of everything. Don't give up! You can do it!

    Love your songs! Here are a few of my favs:

    Let's Get Loud (JLo)
    Vertigo (U2)
    See You Again (Miley Cyrus)
    Lose My Breath (Destiny's Child)
    Fighter (Christina Aguilera)
    Hips Don't Lie (Shakira)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie-You are doing such a great job of keeping track of your progress-that is half of the battle. I know its frustrating to see weight gain when you want so much to see weight loss, but ebb and flow seems to be the pattern. Keep your chin up and keep jammin to those great tunes. My playlist is similar to yours, when I good decisions I always think of you. You are always supportive of me and I appreciate your motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know there's no way you gained 4 lbs. in "real" weight in just a week!! No way, girl!! Give yourself a day or two and check in again...I bet it'll be way down! Only do this if the 4 lb. is going to bother you. Try not to let it!!! You're doing great!

    You ARE watching what you eat, you ARE excercising and you ARE being healthier!! One day at a time!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's okay! You can do it! I was up 4 lbs a couple weeks ago too...it's just one of those things.

    Love your list, I'm goin' over to itunes to download some of them now!

    We can do this...this week is going to be an awesome week!

    p.s. what is the new salad dressing you lik?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't loose hope.. Just keep working hard and it will fall off! You can do it!!

    Following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!