Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thoughts on Easter

I feel terrible about the weekend....and the amount of chocolate that is in my house right now.

We hid M&Ms and Kisses in plastic eggs. My sister sent chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. My in laws sent cookies (which the kids didn't like...but I did) and then there was the super delicious dessert that I made for my brother in law's birthday. I feel like I ate in small quantities. But we also went out to dinner twice and I ate more than I should have...feeling sick afterwards.

I DID turn down Ice Cream from the malt shop.

This got me thinking about how we could put Easter on a diet. I don't mind my kids having a treat once in a while but the amount of candy that is involved is ridiculous. Not to mention that Easter falls around my kids' birthdays so we also have cake twice in one month.

I suppose next year we will be ready to dye eggs and those can be hidden for the kids to find. And maybe the baskets can hold small toys and crayons and paint sets instead of chocolate bunnies.

Anyone have any more ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Connie...I hear ya on the easter candy-mega-munch-a-thon!!

    This year I tried to be better with gifts of bubbles, flashlights {don't even ask}, batteries, and littlest pet shop pets. Don't be thinkin I'm a big Easter meanie...everyone got the requisite chocolate bunny. And all the hidden eggs had jelly beans. That's about the best I can do. Gotta have some candy!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree! I have been so bad since Friday night. I don't even want to think about weighing myself! I need to get this chocolate out of the house now! I think next year I will only buy candy I HATE for Easter!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie, been following you since your picture was posted on Jensylvania. I am also just starting to get my diet in gear, so thanks for the motivation.

    I agree on the candy mega-thon, and while I don't have children yet, my mom this year bought two bags of candy and split it between the 3 kids (and their spouses!). It definitely helped to minimize the chocolate intake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! I agree! and it's kind of funny that you should mention how badly you're feeling, head over and check out the question for this week. :)

    One small thing I did was trade some of the candy for marshmallows. I know that sounds silly b/c it is sugar too, but they were pretty big, so I got away with putting only 2 or 3 in an egg, as opposed to a bunch of Reese's Pieces in the others. I also tried to give the girls non-edible things.

    We didn't dye easter eggs, but I think we will next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!