Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week Two...Accountability

Welcome to the second week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition! Let's weigh-in....

Last week: 213 pounds
This week:211 pounds

LOST...2 Pounds!

***happy dance***

The Plan from last week:

I exercised 4 times in the last 7 days. Wait...of course I have an excuse....*that* time of the month. It was super bad. Migraines, cramps, wanting to kill my husband. But I got back on track and yesterday I was at the point where I was going to stop and decided to keep going....for a total of 38 minutes and 357 calories! I was so proud of myself!

I am eating smaller portions and I can't stand the Activia Yogurt but I'm trying to eat one every other day. I'm taking my Vitamin D and my friend Jessica even ordered more for me in the bigger dose. She is an expert on Vitamin D deficiency. Here is a blog post she wrote about it. Since I started taking it this week and exercising more....I have been more calm. The kids screaming hasn't bothered me as much and they have been behaving more. They probably feel the ZEN.

Goal Check Up:

5 Wk Goal (denver trip)....7.5 lbs (205.5) 5.5 lbs to go
8 Wk Goal (swimming).....12 lbs (201)
16 Wk Goal (milwaukee)...24 lbs (189)

Question of the Week:
How are you keeping track of your achievements. How do you reward yourself when you achieve a goal?

Excellent question! I'm so glad you asked. This blog...for one is going to place where I keep tract. I am also writing about my workout on my calendar each day so that I can look back to see how many minutes and how many calories I burned. I am working on figuring out some goal items because I really have to have something I'm working towards. Things I am thinking of include...new workout clothes, a heart-rate monitoring watch and a facial!

I just opened a new twitter account for my workouts/food tweets. If you are on twitter please follow me and send me inspirations tweets when you can. Remember Jessica that I talked about earlier? She is in Central Time so she is sending me motivational text messages in the morning when I should be getting up to work out! What a great friend! Thanks Jessica!

The Plan for week three:

  • Exercise 5 times..also sit ups and push ups
  • Drink more water
  • Drink less wine
  • No more daily chocolate breaks
  • More Salad

One thing I am going to change this week is eating more salad. I am going to start serving a small salad along with our meals in an attempt to get in more veggies and eat less. My husband is back to taking a second helping of food at dinner and this has to stop!

Check back this week when I will be revealing my BEFORE picture!

Have a great week!

Thanks Amber for getting this started!

15 comments:

  1. Woohoo on the 2 lbs gone!!! That's great! You really are doing a great job with this. It's so hard to get motivated and stay motivate, but you're doing it. Thanks for sharing your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Just stick with it and you'll get there. About the activia, you could try throwing it in the blender with some fruit and making a smoothie with it - I do that for the kids if they have a tummy bug since they don't like to eat yogurt...

    And I thought of another tip - eat soup with a meal - fills you up so you eat less of other foods - choose ones around 100 calories with higher fiber and protein...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! I am super impressed with your commitment, the two pounds lost, and your detailed plans. WAY. TO. GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! 2 lbs is awesome! I love how you outline your weekly plan for us each Wednesday...I may have to start doing that!

    Okay, I have a favorite way I make salads, AND a possible solution for your daily chocolate fix...if you're interested (and anyone else who is) shoot me an email...ribbonblossoms@aol.com

    Xazmin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SOOOO motivating me to get off my bootie and get it in shape!!

    Its so nice to log in and read about all of your success. You're doing a great job :)

    Thanks for the D shout out- I hope others read up on this very important HORMONE deficiency (Vitamin D is actually a hormone, not a vitamin).

    Great job- I'm keeping up with you and it's helping ME make better choices. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to ask, does "happy dance" = Beyonce dance?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you are doing SOOO good!! This week, I am seriously going to kick it into high gear again. You have got me so motivated.

    I've been hearing a lot about Vitamin D deficiency. I took a calcium supplement the other day with Vitamin D, but I think I'm going to get straight Vitamin D. And if it promises those results you mentioned, I think I'll O.D.!! :)

    Thank you so much for being SUCH an inspiration! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie - you are so good! What a great way to keep track of your exercising and calories! And 2 pounds is great!!!

    You are awesome! You inspire me!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Way to go Connie!!! That's awesome. You did awesome. I'll have to check into the Vitamin D thing. I'll read the blog you suggested. Can't hurt.

    Great job!!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go!!! I love how you have it so planned out! You are a great motivation to me!

    Have a great day!

    Tanielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie that is so awesome!!! Good for you! Someone's a lot braver than me...posting a before picture, I mean really!!! :)

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. two pounds? That's AWESOME! Keep up the great work! I will have to check out the info on Vitamin D.... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outstanding!! I think I gained two playing on the computer all spring break. But, I am definitely in a better mood to go back to work!!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job Connie! This is my first visit. Sometimes I don't cook a grain with dinner. I just have a fruit and a vegetable with protein instead. I know they are better for me anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!