Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week Three...Gluttony

Welcome to the THIRD (completed) week of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition!

Let's weigh-in....

Last Week: 211 pounds
This Week: 211 pounds

Lost? Nothing! But I didn't gain either!


***happy non beyonce style dance***

I was scared! I even dreamt last night that I gained 10 pounds! What a freakin miracle that I didn't gain. Here is what happened. My brother in law came to town....I flew him in so that my husband and I could go on a date and for his birthday. To read the whole fiasco click here. The short version of this story is that I had mexican food (and chips and salsa), a ribeye, a loaded baked potato, rolls, raspberry honey butter and 3 martinis. That doesn't even count what I made for Easter! I think the only thing that saved my @ss is that I didn't finish any of it. I ate exactly half of everything (except the rolls).

The Plan from last week:

I exercised 3 times in 7 days. My BIL being here messed me up because my home gym is in the basement right by the guest room. I was more active while he was here...shopping, cooking and cleaning the diaper creme from the floor! OY VEY! I did drink more water and I have set an alarm on my iPhone to go off at 10am and 3pm to remind me to drink more. I did not drink ANY wine this week. I did have three martini's but they were small and I drank them while I watched Twilight which scared the crap out of me. LOL! I can't believe I made a goal to not eat chocolate the week of Easter! LOL! I didn't eat ANY salad. I bought salad...but I didn't eat it. We are having Salad for dinner TONIGHT!

The Plan for week four:

Exercise 4 times...
Drink more water
Drink less soda (not quitting...just less)
More Salad...add a small salad to each meal
Learn ONE Yoga move

Question of the week:
What are you going to do this week to get yourself back on track??

I am going to throw out half of the candy! Only keeping a small amount for the kids' to have as treats. I am going to stop the insanity! (anyone remember that gal?) I was going to say that I am going to ramp up my workouts but I hurt my knee scrubbing the dang carpet and I'm going to have to let it heal a little bit. I am not going to stop moving though...I am going to lift weights and keep doing sit ups.

Goal Check Up:

3 Wk Goal (denver trip)....7.5 lbs (205.5) 5.5 lbs to go
6 Wk Goal (swimming).....12 lbs (201) 10 lbs to go
14 Wk Goal (milwaukee)...24 lbs (189) 22 lbs to go

Last week I formed a March of Dimes team to march for Maddie Spohr. The 3 mile walk is in TWO WEEKS so I need to get ready. If you are in the Utah area and would like to join our team please click here. If you would like to help me out by sponsoring my walk please click here or on the cute little baby in my sidebar. Amanda (What's Going On?) made a big donation last night while I was crying my eyes out watching the video Maddie's parents played at her funeral yesterday. And Jen (Harried Mom of Four) make a very generous donation last week. Thanks again Amanda and Jen!

Okay...Let's get back on track here! We can do this!

13 comments:

  1. It's sooo hard to keep strong when holidays roll around and family comes to visit. You did a great job though! My kids seem to have completely forgotten about the Easter candy so off it goes with Stuart to work!

    Looking forward to our 3 mile walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great! Im going to set the water timer thing on my phone now, what a great tip. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no gain!!! That is such an achievement during the holidays, don't you agree? And what with company, birthdays . . . yeah, I'd say you did great. Though your listing the yummy food you ate . . . it's making me HUNGRY!!! :)

    Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did TERRIFIC this past week, not gaining is fantastic when you have company, a holiday, and a sad event in your life. Here's to drinking more water and getting back on track! So nice to have all of you right there with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you...no gain!! Now I really want some chips and salsa :)

    You're right...we can do this. Oh, and I do remember that Stop the Insanity gal! Actually, I loved her...so motivational!

    Have a great week!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think that you did AWESOME! I gained 1 pound, but consider that 'okay' because of all the happenings, company, eating out, and such that has gone on around these parts lately. Actually, I think it was under 1 pound a little, so every little ounce helps! :)

    Here's to an AWESOME week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Connie! I love your tip for setting a water alarm.

    I was super motivate Monday, but this rain brings me down. Stupid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should get an award solely for not gaining during Easter week. It would be faster if I just weighed in holding a few solid chocolate bunnies, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Connie!
    I know, I had a bad, bad week. But good for you for not gaining anything! And you are right on track for your goals!

    Good luck with the walk! I wish I could do it too. You are awesome!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job on the no gain! You seem to be doing great with your goals! I need to drink tons more water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie, that's great that you didn't gain anything. Especially since it was the Easter holiday festivities. I would've taken that as a success!!

    Good luck this week. I almost threw out all of our candy too but I put it downstairs in the fridge instead. I won't be hauling my butt down 2 flights of stairs to get candy.

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too cute! Awesome you didn't gain! We'll all be back on track for next weeks weigh-in!

    Have a great night!

    Tanielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. No weight gain...YAY! Wish I could say the same! BUT I've been back on track with my diet so far since then. Exercise...still not so much!

    I have a boutique coming up tomorrow and have been totally crammin' for that!

    Does sewing and hot glue gun use count as exercise?

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!