Thursday, November 19, 2009

$10 a pound

My husband just took my kids to get the oil changed in my SUV because we are leaving for a week long vacation to Denver tomorrow.  I have a dozen things left on my to-do list that I should be doing but I'm here instead.

I gained three pounds this week.

I know exactly how it happened.  Saturday happened to me.  I was like one of those before video's from The Biggest Loser.  It all started at Wendy's with a Double Stack and fries.  My husband also got a Rootbeer float and a ice cream dessert thing.  We shared the ice cream drinks but....I didn't need them.

And then I had a Girls Night Out with The Real Housewives of Utah and I ate badly.  Pasta with prime rib chunks and a cheese sauce and then half of a Creme Brulee.  In my defense, I didn't finish my dessert but it was mainly because I had eaten so much I was afraid I was going to throw up.  And I might have....if I hadn't just paid my $30 bill.

That's $10 a pound.

$30 that could have went through the gym membership that my husband said NO to.

I don't know if I can afford not to join.  My life may soon depend on it......

In other news, I just heard that Oprah's pulling the plug on her show. I want to go to her show soooo badly!  It's a dream of mine.  I'm sure the chances of getting tickets to her show and my husband taking me to Chicago just hit the slim to none category.

5 comments:

  1. At least you were on the wagon to start with... I can't seem to catch a ride! Oprah tickets will be even harder to come by now, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear that happens to me every time I eat out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do, do NOT let it ruin your vacation! Just get out for nice walks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. $10 a pound is a great way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun in Denver!

    I've heard about Oprah this week, it's a pity but I can understand her after 25 years. I hope you will still be able to see her show live!

    That's a great way to look at the pounds in dollars. I'm going out for dinner tonight: won't be healthy but at least the hub is paying :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!