Friday, November 27, 2009

Surviving Thanksgiving

I'm not doing a friday fashion post today.  I think I have a food hangover! The good news is that I am STILL the same weight as when I arrived.  YAY! 

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I have to tell you....I'm disenchanted with the holidays this year.  As a person that is trying to lose weight and lead a more healthy life....it seems like holidays are just reasons to eat.  A lot!

I ate small portions, eating more turkey and cranberries than anything and then had two very small pieces of pie (one pumpkin, one pecan) that really was too much sugar for me to handle.  I should have just had a couple bites of each...I know I would have been satisfied.

We went around the table and talked about what we're Thankful for.  My son is thankful for trains and my daughter; pink bicycles.  My hubby said that he was with his family.

I was last to speak and I knew exactly what I was going to say and I knew that no one else at the table would have the same answer as I.

I'm thankful that we are all *somewhat* healthy.  They laughed about my *somewhat* but it's true.  Everyone has some issue.  Hubby is diabetic, as are my BIL and MIL.  We are ALL overweight and my in laws are on numerous pills.  I'm so thankful that my skin cancer was not serious!

I told them that my WISH for 2010 is that everyone (including my aging in-laws) becomes more active!  My wish is for my husband and I to join Golds Gym and figure out a schedule where we consistently go to the gym.  I told him I wanted us to watch less TV and exercise more.

I watched The Biggest Loser: Where are they now the other night and based on that show and my many seasons of the show...I've come to a conclusion.  An Oprah A-HA moment!

You have to exercise to lose and maintain weight loss!

It's ground breaking right?  There's no way around it and I've always said that one of my goals is for my kids to be active and NOT learn to be couch potatoes from me.  The only way to meet this goal is for me AND MY HUBBY to get our asses moving. I think I almost have him convinced.

I'm also getting excited for something that's coming up soon that I can't wait to share with you.  Something that has a great chance of jump starting my weight loss!  Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to hear about your news!!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Hope you're having a superb holiday.

    Keep at it.

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. These last few months have proven to me that exercising helps me to lose weight. Before this I kind of watched my food and exercised now and then and stayed on the same weight for months.

    I believe that if you want your kids to be more active you and the hub indeed should give the good example. So convince him about the gym membership and make appointments to go.

    Good luck on your food hangover today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear you news. You said it, with the being healthy thing. That's way more valuable than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post.

    I have got to start exercising....now and often. No more excuses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!