Monday, November 30, 2009

Pregnancy: My Best Diet Secret!

I'm getting really excited about the new diet plan I'm going to be starting soon.  I'm about to explain why I'm so excited and show you some pictures.  I'm going to tell you about my pregnancy with Alex. 

I've been heavy for a long time.  I started putting on weight around my 17th Birthday (more about that another day) and with each broken marriage....it just got worse.  When I left my second husband...I weighed 245 pounds.  My heaviest!

I left him and my old life, moved to Denver and joined 24 Hour Fitness.  In a few short months, I lost 25 pounds and fell in love with being active! Over two years time....I got down to 184 pounds.  My lightest in 12 years.

Then I started dating again.  When I met my current (and last) husband...I was down to 198 pounds, after getting back up to 206. I had just started running and watching what I ate when he came into my life.  I managed to keep my weight down until I suffered a miscarriage and fed my grief with food. 

When I got pregnant with Alex...I weighed 220 pounds.


I got pregnant in July 2005 and I didn't really have morning sickness...I just didn't feel like eating.  I didn't want sweets at all and I really didn't want soda.  I craved French Dip Sandwiches and Fries.  Wendy's Fries. 

In the first 8 weeks, I lost 8 pounds.  And I began to notice that my face was thinning out.


September 2005


December 2005


February 2006

 
April 20, 2006

3 weeks after I gave birth, I weighed 202 pounds! I jokingly told my husband that being pregnant was the best diet I've ever been on!  Not only did I come out of it weighing 18 pounds less than when I started but I felt great the whole time.


It's possible that's why I found myself pregnant again a few weeks later.  I'm a weight loss junkie! 3 weeks after having Mallory....I weighed 202.  And I looked pretty good.



The weight has crept back on over the last 2.5 years.  My recent high was 218 at the beginning of the year.  Losing weight is really difficult for me and I always having trouble with my knees because there is too much weight on them. 

A few weeks ago, Bobbi came home and said the doctor she works for is going to start offering this new diet program called The hCG Diet.  My ears perked up because that is the diet I've had the most sucess with! LOL!

I asked her to talk to him about letting me be a patient and blogging about my success.  He agreed!  So...in a few weeks when they are ready to get started.....I will be going on the hCG Diet.

A little info:

The hCG weight loss protocol consists of a very low calorie diet (VLCD) accompanied by treatments of hCG, rather oral or injected.  The average hCG dieter experiences rapid weight loss averaging 1 to 3 pounds per day.  In addition to loss of unwanted fat, the true benefit of the hCG protocol is its ability to help modify the dieter's relationship with food and eating, resulting in easily maintained, long-term weight loss.

hCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a hormone present in both men and women, but which is produced in great amounts in pregnant females.  During pregnancy, the substance almost completely controls the woman's metabolic functions.  In non-pregnant persons, research suggests hCG similarly increases the metabolism similar to a pregnant female.  Thousands of calories in stored fat are released, and are used by the body or expelled.

Info from hcgdietinfo.com

14 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! Pregnancy metabolism is the best! I can't wait to hear how this goes for you. I start my big diet w/rx tomorrow. It's bittersweet b/c of the nursing, but I have to do it. I was like you with pregnancy and weight gain. For some reason I could control my eating and stuff when prego. I came out ahead (or less) after I gave birth. I get fat AFTER my kids are born. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've NEVER heard of pregnancy as a good way to lose weight! That's actually kind of funny. :) You look really pretty in all those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just reading about this the other day because my aunt is currently on it and doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all: you look great on every picture. You're a beautiful woman.

    I never heard of this diet but I'm looking forward to your experiences and blogging about it.

    Hmmm losing weight while being pregnant? That doesn't count for my collegea who told me today she's pregnant with number 3. I already noticed she was gaining the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I've read...this happens to women that are obese when they get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this either! I look forward to reading about your experience.

    (love the pictures too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a very good friend who did the HCG diet last summer and lost 60 lbs pretty quickly. Quick way to get rid of that stubborn post-baby fat! Which is easy to understand considering you're only allowed to eat around 500 calories per day! It's a 'diet' of starving the body and we all know that when there is not sufficient intake of calories, the body starts to break down muscle first. I just don't understand why people are paying hundreds of dollars to get a shot, and starve their bodies. You do know you can starve your body for free, right?? *Sarcasm, as I suggest that people should really really not starve their bodies!*

    **"In addition to loss of unwanted fat, the true benefit of the hCG protocol is its ability to help modify the dieter's relationship with food and eating, resulting in easily maintained, long-term weight loss."**
    -Is this a joke? Teaching people how to eat a severly restricted diet is NOT a healthy way of modifying the persons relationship with food, and absolutely does NOT result in easily maintained long term weight loss. Unless you are a fan of yo-yo dieting and ultimately destroying your metabolism.

    Anyway, my friend who lost the 60 lbs has now put EVERY POUND back on, since stopping the diet.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any chance you could share if the hcg diet was successful? I'm thinking of taking the plunge myself. Love your blog, you look great in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am considering starting the HCG Diet in 2011. Were you a little nervous to start? I am kind of nervous because I have never tried a diet like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice pics. All my best to you.

    Ryan, Utah
    http://platinumbodyperformance.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This means that each year over one million women deal with recovering from major surgery. Diet and nutrition play a vital role in the health of a cesarean mother. Getting adequate rest, healthy food, and keeping the immune system strong are important in the months following a cesarean. Thanks.
    Regards,
    creativebioscience.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heart disease, cancer, obesity, and diabetes are commonly called western diseases because these maladies were once rarely seen in developing countries. Thanks.
    Regards,
    www.WeightLossPunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Great diet factors you have shared here to get healthy weight. Thank you for your great support on dieting issue.
    Regards,
    body fat scales

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!