Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baby Steps

It's Wednesday! Time to weigh in....


Last week: 205 pounds
This week: 204.5 pounds
LOST: .5 pounds

WOOT!  I don't know what I did to deserve this because I didn't start my exercise program like I wanted to.  I'm struggling and I'm not sure why.  I know I'm tired and the change in weather tends to bring this on for me but I the weather has been *nice* here...it hasn't been cold yet and it's been sunny.


I sometimes feel like I need a therapist to help me figure out what my problem is.  Why can't I stay motivated to exercise?  Is it too late to change my ways?  Is it because I wasn't raised being active?  Why can't I eat better?  Why do I slide back into these old habits? 


I keep thinking about the gym membership that I wanted.  I want to be active.  I want to lose weight.  I want to be strong and a good example for my kids.  I want them to be happy, healthy and more active than I was growing up. 


The only way any of this is going to happen....is if I FORCE myself to do it.  What is it going to take?


I watch The Biggest Loser every week and I want what they have.  But I don't want to eat excessively healthy all the time.  I want Kit Kat's and cake, cookies, soda and wine.  I know that I can't have both. 

What is it going to take?

In an effort to get myself back on track...I'm taking baby steps.  Since Monday....I've been taking a shower and putting on REAL clothes and make-up as soon as I wake up in the morning.  Three days in a row so far.  This is helping me feel so much better during the day and I think I have more energy since I'm dressed!!

Next week....going to bed earlier....so that I can start getting up earlier to work out.

6 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem. It is so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard. I want to be skinny, too, but do I want it bad enough to give up sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having such a hard time with motivation these days. I keep making excuses for the weather also when we have had a beautiful fall thus far. The only difference is... I gained this week :-(... Oh well... Keep up the weight loss and you'll find motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - so MY motivation was the fact I had not been in any pictures with my baby for MONTHS - without severe protest. I did not want my fat face in any photos...

    For the first year of my babies life I took pictures of us together - I lost my baby weight FAST from breastfeeding, but then when I stopped gained back every single pound and then some.

    I realized I wanted back in my baby's life (in pictures). And while I have not lost a lot of weight, I have lost a lot of FAT and inches and already am less afraid of the camera.

    Think. Are you in your family pictures? That was MY motivation.

    hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you can have Kit Kat's, cake and cookies. I know it's not appealing, but plan for them and enjoy them in moderation! I know it's easier said than done, but you can do it.

    Yesterday I planned to have a cupcake and it was soooo good and I don't feel bad about it one bit because I worked it into my daily calorie range.

    Don't deprive yourself, you deserve to have the things in life that you enjoy. Just try to plan for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the .5 pound loss!

    Two comments:

    First, you CAN have the yummy, less healthy foods you like - occasionally and in moderation.

    Second, the question you have to ask yourself is what do you want MORE - the candy, or the weight loss.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!