Monday, November 15, 2010

Gym...Day One

Murphy's Law was in play again this morning.  You know, I have plans to workout....so something happens during the night that keeps me from sleeping.

This time it was my son.  He had a cold last week and he woke up at 3am with a cough....hubby took care of him last time so it was my turn.  I went back to bed for one more hour...I don't know if I slept or not but the alarm went off and I decided my new motto is:

No Excuses!

Dang it's cold at 5:30am.

I haven't belonged to a gym since 2002 and I always went with a friend. I have this little issue with walking into places alone but I'm working on it. Baby steps! Felt like everyone was looking at me but I'm sure they have better things to do.

I walked fast....a mile and then rode the bike for 5 miles. At least I think it was 5 miles....dang thing stopped tracking my time, miles and calories after 10 minutes.

I was pretty tired and I figured since I only got 4 hours of sleep that was good enough for the first day.

Now I need some breakfast and a nap!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about walking into some place by yourself...that kinda freaks me out too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on getting up and going! I need to find some motivation and go in the mornings too! I hate that "all eyes on me" feeling too when I walk into the gym!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I'm not the only one that feels that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing it! Yaye...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HOPE you get some much needed rest tonight!! Wish I was there to join you at 5:30, I love getting my workouts done early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first day and after only 4 hours sleep - I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great first workout, especially after 4 hours of sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!