Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Hate Jumping Jacks

This morning was my first visit to the gym.  They gave me one free appointment with a personal trainer that we'll call Vega.  We sat down and he asked me about my fitness history, my goals, my nutrition and my lifestyle.

I told him the truth.  That I've been overweight for 20 years (but I've lost weight a couple times), I'm an emotional eater, a stay at home mom to 2 small children, that I can do well during the week but eat and drink too much on the weekends, that I love wine and chocolate and I want to lose 51 pounds.

I explained what I did with the hCG Diet and he'd never heard of it but was concerned that I might have damaged my metabolism.  Great.

Then...he said that he was going to have me work out for 15 minutes to test my abilities.  I told him that I did NOT want a last chance workout and he assured me it wasn't going to be like that.

He lied.

First...he had me stand in front of a mirror and he talked to me like a drill sergeant while he paced the floor behind me. Then had me run in place, do some squats and then he had me to jumping jacks and I peed my pants. CRAP!  I hate when that happens!

Next were lunges with 10 pound dumb bells in each hand....these, kicked my ass.  I could no longer feel the tops of my legs.  Then we did arm exercises, push ups and sit-ups. 

And he was right...it only took 15 minutes.

He took me back to the office and told me for the low, low price of $1600 he would kick my ass twice a week for 3 months.  After I got done laughing....I declined his kind offer.  I'm guessing that sometimes people are so delirious that they agree to this torture.

I thanked him for his time and headed for the door and that's when I noticed the elevator. (Bally's is on the second floor in the Belmar Shopping Center) I thought to myself....why is there an ELEVATOR in a GYM? 

I started down the stairs and that's when I figured out why there is an elevator in the gym.  My legs where jello and I just about went tumbling down like a rag doll! I was almost half way down...gripping the railing for dear life when it occured to me to go back up and take the elevator.  But going up the stairs was worse than going down so I just sucked it up and continued on...one step at a time.

Also...do you know what happens when you go out into 28 degree temps with wet pants.  Yeah...thank goodness my truck has heated seats.

Now...my arms have turned to jello and I'm typing this with my nose.

7 comments:

  1. Who needs a trainer anyways? :) You can do it on your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!! I can't do jumping jacks or trampolines for the same reason! I wouldn't do too well with the 'drill sargent' approach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you made me LAUGH so hard I peed MY pants! OK not really, but I loved your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has me laughing out loud and not wanting to join a gym AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Typing with your nose. LOVE IT!
    First let me say...he said he never heard of HCG, but then proceeded to tell you that you probably ruined your metabolism. (which is CRAP BTW) I love when people have no clue as to what something is...but put it down or make up accusations that it is bad for you. EVEN if his prices were resonable I wouldn't have gone to him for this very reason.
    From your blogs I can tell you are a strong person...YOU CAN DO THIS without a trainer. You know yourself better than anyone. I am looking forward to how you make it on your own! HAPPY WORKOUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap that's a lot of money!
    Just lose it and then back ala Julia Roberts and throw it in his face. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!