Monday, November 1, 2010

Sugar Free

It's been 2 weeks since my last confession.

I've been avoiding you because when TOM showed up a little over a week ago...he brought 3 pounds with him and he left them here.

I thought they would leave after a few days...going on to the next person that TOM would tourment....but no.  They are still here. 

Last week, I even tried eating better...and drinking more water.  But they won't budge.

I stopped running.  It is just too cold here in the mornings now and because my lungs are permanently damaged from when I had Pneumonia  a few years ago....they hurt really bad.

I've still been doing yoga and I love it!  But I'm noticing that it's so relaxing...that I've become a little lazy.  My husband says it's not the yoga.....

Part of my plan was to do some kind of cardio a couple mornings a week and since I have access to You Tube on my TV I watched a couple little videos, did a bunch of squat type exercises and then I couldn't walk for two days. 

WOW!  Squats kick my ass!

Starting today....I'm going to give up sugar for the week.  Just for 5 days....as a little experiment.  I know I eat too much and I need to seriously cut back.  I probably picked a bad week for this...since Halloween was yesterday. 

I'm a glutton for punishment.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Halloween candy got me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting the "no processed carbs" thing this week too. Let's see if we can kick carbs ass together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck you can do it! Try stevia instead if you are really CRAVING sugar.
    For me, it's not Halloween, its all the crap LEFT OVER from Halloween!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your blog in the BlogHer featured posts on my blog and I had to see what you said about sugar free. Good for you. I'm not so sure that this is a bad time to give up sugar. It seems to me that if one could give up sugar at Halloween then one would get a huge boost in confidence. Good luck. You so can do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!