Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello 5am

I got 7.5 full wonderful hours of sleep last night so when I woke up at 5am I decided to get up and head to the gym.

I had a much better workout this time!

I did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the bike.  I've decided not to start weight training yet....and ease into it like Fran suggested!

I think I really don't like the treadmill....plus I can get more bang for my buck on the elliptical.

I did great with my eating yesterday...I thought I'd be starving from working out but I wasn't.  And when I felt like mindlessly snacking, I talked myself out of it.

And I went to Starbucks this morning with my husband and I didn't even want a latte or a treat...I kept thinking about how hard I'm working at 5am!

I took my measurement this morning too.  Sometimes I see more difference in this than the scale and I'm going to need all the motivation I can get to keep this up.

How are you doing today?

7 comments:

  1. Good job! I love the elliptical too.. much better than the treadmill. I've got a treadmill in our garage that I've been walking on. The scenery is not so fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wish I could afford a gym membership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing awesome! My fave is the elliptcal too. I'm just getting back at it after having my baby. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I didn't work out yesterday or today with my annoying bladder issues. I probably could have worked out today, but I needed the sleep from missing so much yesterday.

    I agree about the treadmill. I hate them! Ease into the weights, you really only need to do them two or three times a week.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had your little voice that keeps you from the treats! I am struggling but still going to the gym 3 x a week. I also LOVE the eliptical, and so do my knees!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Two days in a row, great job!

    I never liked the treadmill either and when I started running last year I hardly used it either but these days I am because it's perfect for intervals. But my favorite cardio machine is the elleptical.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!