Monday, August 23, 2010

Bad Habits

I didn't go for my walk today...because I hardly sleep last night.  The night time temp barely got down to 70 degrees and my little air conditioner in my room just didn't make any difference.

Tomorrow the temps start to get even cooler...fall is coming!

I have great news to report!  I lost 2 pounds this week and I'm back out of the Obese category on the BMI chart!

Now...I just need to keep the TOM weight away.  I've done it before (no carbs) and I'm prepared with lots of grilled chicken and salad.

I know I said I wasn't going to weigh my self every day but I think it helps keep me on track.  How often do you weigh yourself?

My in laws and one of my brother in laws are out of town on a cruise to Alaska.  Can you imagine how much they are eating?  It makes me sick just thinking about it.

We went over to their house yesterday to grill a bunch of chicken and to have brats with my brother in law.  I bought one package of brats (6) for the 3 of us.  I thought it would be plenty!  My husband told me that was NOT enough and asked my BIL to bring more brats and some hot dogs.  I was irritated because I didn't want my husband pigging out.

We cooked 12 brats and 6 hot dogs.  For 3 adults and 2 children!

INSANE!

I don't even know how many my husband and his brother ate.  I didn't want to watch.

I told my husband that we're going to have to stop eating at their house because he overeats when he's there...almost out of habit!  We also drink too much when we're there...it's so bizarre.

7 comments:

  1. I weigh every day. I know that there will be fluctuations, but I think it helps me stay on track. If I'm not weighing it is easier to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the weight loss! I am hoping to lose some weight this week too but it is also my week before TOM when I am usually my hungriest!

    I weigh myself a couple times a week. If I feel a little light in the morning I usually weigh myself because I almost always skip it if I wake up feeling heavy.

    My grandma, mom, step-dad, and my aunts and uncles are all on a cruise to Alaska this week too!

    Have a great day!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I weigh daily as well. Sure the same reason. It keeps me on track. It helps me to pinpoint what types of food my body reacts to and how. Nice job with the weight loss. I am currently in third round of hcg (first day actually ). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the 2 lbs! I think an every other week visit to the in-laws might be in order if eating there is derailing everyone. Besides, once you have made more friends and have more going on, you won't be able to get out of going over their weekly as easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo on the weight loss. As for the scale. If I'm at gym I'll step on it, it keeps me honest. The bathroom scale at home is getting the boot - it's old and cranky!! hehehehehe

    As for the food, reminds me of summer braais (barbeques) here. There is always so much food...it feels liked the men have braaied for an army...luckily there is always a selection of salads but yep, the wine flows and so does the beer.

    Good luck for the week ahead and hope you get in some more walks. :-))

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  6. I weigh every day but only count it as official on Wednesday which is what I consider my tracking day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!