Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Food Police

So...I guess I haven't discussed Women, Food and God with my husband yet.  I read the book and I've blogged about it and discussed it with my sister but HE doesn't know.

He doesn't know that I've decided to eat only when I'm hungry, in moderation and not deny myself what I really want to eat.

Last night...I wanted Ice Cream.

Here's the deal.  In our new very small apartment...the air conditioning is NOT working.  I spent the whole day in the apartment with the kids and we were all hot and sweaty and I thought that a *little* ice cream would just be heaven.

We were all at the store together picking up a few things (plus...I just HAD to get out of the apartment for a little bit) and I asked him to take the kids to the frozen food section and pick out a half gallon of ice cream.

He said NO....we don't NEED iced cream.

I'm well aware that I don't NEED it but dammit!  I wanted it and I really wanted to throat punch him in the middle of King Soopers and it really ruined my night.

There is nothing I hate more than for him to be the food police.  I hate it so much that it makes me mad at him when he does it.  And it makes me want to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's when he's not looking.

5 comments:

  1. Boo! I hope you got something yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to tell iKeith your WFG plan so that he knows what you are doing! :)

    Does he read your blog? Might be good to send him a link to today's post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs is the other extreme. I could say man ice cream sounds so good and he'd get up and to the store and grab something totally delicious and fattening...which would be wonderful but I need more denial! He is getting better, and I am better because I dont even remember the last time I wanted or had ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question about your hcg. have you done the shots, drops or homeopathic drops? Im getting ready to do my third round and think I may do shots. Curious if you've done a variety , if you have a preference and why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hate this, too. And the worst part is when he does this and then turns around and eats/buys something really fatty that's *his* choice! (Like pounds of roasted tamari almonds or butter peanuts).

    I had to have a talk with him and explain that his pushing on me just made it WORSE not better.

    And then we saw this great comedian a few days later who said that he's learned. The ONLY appropriate response to a woman who needs a treat is: "Would you like a glass of wine with that?"

    Love your blog,

    ~Angela :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!