Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Starting Over...again

Hey there!

So I'm sure you are dying to hear about my dinner at the in-laws house on Sunday.  My husband smoked a prime rib and it was amazing!  I love everything he's made on the smoker and he also made a sauce to go over it with mushrooms and lump crab meat in it.

I went to see Eat, Pray, Love with my friend while hubby was cooking at my in laws house.  There were two reasons for this.  I can't spend that much time with them without a.) pulling my hair out and b.) getting drunk.

I bought fresh colorado sweet corn...and bags of salad, organic grape tomatoes and english cucumbers as side dishes. I used my mother in law's crystal bowl to make a beautiful salad.

iKeith and I were the only one's who ate the salad.  I knew this was going to happen and told hubby I should just bring the corn but he insisted.  We'll now be eating salad every night this week.

My Brother in Law who I've nicknamed *Groceries* brought a giant bag of peanut M&M's for dessert and they devoured the bag within about 5 minutes.  I passed on them (even though I love them) because I wasn't sure if everyone had washed their hands and...ummm....yeah.  Gross!

I've decided that I can't eat more than one meal a week with these people.  I gained another pound over the weekend!  I can't keep going on this way.

I need to get back on track.  I know I'm eating and drinking more and I know it's because I'm bored and still unsettled in our new apartment.

The good news is that I'm unpacking the last box today and I pretty much have the living/office/dining room the way I want it.  I feel good about that room now and don't mind spending time there.

Now...I just need to venture out beyond my comfort zone (apartment) and take the kids to the park.  I bet you didn't know I have a phobia about leaving my house did you?

Here is what I'm committing to doing:

  • Drink 3 glasses of water a day
  • Stop drinking soda (again)
  • Only drink alcohol on Wednesday and Saturday night.
  • NO MORE POPTARTS 
  • Walk 3 mornings a week 
  • Use Lost It App to track my calories 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very attainable plan! I'm working with some friends to get under 200lbs and I DON'T want to see you back in Twoterville with us.

    You now live in just about the healthiest state in the union. Hit that park, swim that pool, and keep taking those salads. GO! FIGHT! WIN! YOU CAN DO EEEEETT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get back on track. You are so strong and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan Connie! You can do it!! I'm glad you are getting settled in.

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tough to get the ball rolling again, but once you get a lil momentum built up, the going does get a bit easier. And good call on passing up the germy M&Ms. Double yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support!

    I'm dangerously close to 200 pounds again. I'm so mad at myself for letting this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your plan is a great one!!

    FYI, there are Fiber One "pop tarts" that are full of fiber and taste pretty good, too. Perhaps you could give those a try as a healthier option without having to give them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I have thought about it a few times, one of which was this morning! I was wondering how it went. I think what you brought was great. I hope that you're able to stay on track. I've got to make some drastic changes too. My weight keeps creeping and creeping.

    I'm a homebody too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would have passed on the bag of dessert too.

    Good luck getting out of the apartment - I know how tough that is in a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think of everything you went through on the HCG diet to get to where you were--- you're not that far off track, so you can easily get back on!

    Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Let me know if you need encouraging texts! I'm home ALL DAY and can text away :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have plan, you have a goal....and I KNOW you can do this!!!! Really - I do. You worked too hard last time to let the stress of moving and your in-laws derail that success!

    I believe in you Connie! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!