Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Weakness

Last night my brother in law came over for Martini's and Mad Men.  I purposely only made enough olives (filled with blue cheese) so that we'd each only have ONE martini. 

We had eaten dinner late, a lovely chicken stir-fry...around 7pm and he arrived at 8pm and hadn't eaten dinner.  I should have just made him a sandwich but before I knew it he was headed out the door to pick something up.

He returned with Taco Bell...oh Hell! 

Even though I was NOT hungry...I ate a soft taco and a piece of Mexican Pizza.  It didn't even taste that good. 

What really made me sick...was watching my brother in law eat a large quantity of high fat and calorie food.  He ate 3/4 of a Mexican Pizza, a large Nacho and a Gordita.

I really need to be careful now that we're back to living near family.  They are all over weight and do not share the same eating habits that we do.  If we're not careful...we'll get sucked back into the bad habits.

We've been invited to dinner tomorrow night and I'm trying to steer them toward healthy choices, even offering to bring a side dish. We'll see how that goes.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to pass up Taco Bell, even when you know a bellyache is imminent. But, Taco Bell AND martini's? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard when everyone else doesnt eat the way you do. I always have trouble going to my in laws because they just dont "get" healthy food. One of the MANY reasons I just dont go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand! My mother in law cant make anything without either cheese sauce or mayonnaise or frying everything. We eat very differently. Its not hard for me to make good food decisions, but its hard to keep my daughter on track when my mother in law not only eats like crap, but mocks my clean eating choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are strong enough to avoid going back to the bad habits, don't let them suck you in!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's going to be a challenge but I know you can handle it. Otherwise all your hard work of the past few months has been for nothing.

    My inlaws aren't that overweighted (except for one sister in law) but they do eat a lot of bad foods, lucky for me I don't see them that often :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!