Thursday, February 4, 2010

Low Carb Super Bowl Food

I'm pretty excited about watching the Super Bowl this weekend.  I like The Colts okay...but I love the commercials.  And eating.  I've been known to make some pretty elaborate appetizers  and cheese trays.  I've also been known to tie one one while eating to my hearts content.

But not this year..... 

This year, I'm in Phase 3 of the hCG protocol and I'll be enjoying 1.5 to 2 glasses of wine and eating these lovely treats!  Both are low carb but not low fat.  You can't have it both ways.....unless you eat a salad but how fun it that?


Jalapeno Poppers

24 Jalapeno Peppers
3 garlic cloves chopped up
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz Cream Cheese
12 bacon strips, cut in half

Make a lengthwise cut in each jalapeno, about 1/8 in deep; remove seeds.  Combine the garlic, salt and pepper and cheeses; stuff into jalapenos.  Wrap each with a pice of bacon; secure with toothpicks.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.



Cream Cheese Roll Ups

1 jar Hormel Dried Beef
1 8oz tub whipped cream cheese
1 can diced green chiles

Mix cream cheese and chilies together.  Spread into piece of dried beef and roll up.  These make great finger food for parties and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week and a half.


Blue Cheese Dip

2/3 cup lite sour cream
2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon white vinegar

Whisk sour cream, blue cheese and vinegar in a small bowl, chill and serve.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!! Have a super weekend.

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your evil- I'm sure of it! I don't know if I can contain the temptation! OH MY-OH MY! Those Jalapeno Poppers sound incredible. :-D Awesome, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound yummy! Might have to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all sounds so yummy! Of course, being preggo, everything sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm - what time do you want me to come over?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!