Friday, September 3, 2010

5 Foods to Leave at the Store

I tried on my white pants today....it's not good.  I think I'm going to have to get drastic next week and forgo all carbs.  

I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and I took some notes because he was talking about the 5 foods to keep out of your grocery cart.


1. Simple Sugars, Carbs and Unhealthy Fats....cookies, pie, ice cream.

2. Nitrates and Saturated Fats...processed meats

3. Ingredients you can't pronounce.

4. Fake Healthy Foods...low fat items

5. Canned Foods High in Sodium...soup.



Things I'm going to add to our diet.

  • Ground Flax Seed

  • Sweet Potatoes

  • Millet

4 comments:

  1. Um...but I can pronounce ice cream! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fake healthy foods has made a huge difference for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet potatoes. I cook them in the microwave like a baked potato. I haven't really been able to get the kids to eat them, but I keep trying.

    I just knew you were going to have chips on this list. Score!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never forget the first time someone dared me to read the ingredients in a twinkie. ALthough I don't eat twinkies, I was SHOCKED b/c I couldn't pronounce 80% of the ingredients.

    I love sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!