Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When Tom Sneaks Up on You

I had a horrible walk/run this morning. 

I didn't even want to get out of bed....I just wanted to go back to sleep but I checked my phone and my friend Jen emailed me and said she was going for a run, so I got up.

I decided to check out the park by my house because it has a short path that goes through some woods and it's lit.  I thought it could be an alternative for when it's snowy and wet outside since my favorite path is part dirt and I don't do mud.

It's not going to work out.  My knees hated the concrete and I just couldn't get going.  My pace was so slow and I just couldn't run.  I came home after only a mile....

I couldn't figure out what my problem was because I've been eating pretty well (here's a slow carb recipe for you) and drinking some water (not as much as I should be....bad Connie).

Then my husband asked me a very important question.

He wanted to know if TOM was here. 

I checked my iPhone app and all be a monkey's uncle.  TOM is coming.

No wonder I feel like crap.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Don't you just hate TOM for making you feel so slow and crabby?! Get some extra calcium, I've heard it makes PMS a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Toms sister Flo is staying with me this week too...sucky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!