Monday, December 7, 2009

hCG Diet: The Skinny (pun intended)

I'm not naive.  I don't think the hCG diet protocol is going to be a magic shot that will solve all of my weight loss problems.

I've also read all of the information about the protocol 3 times so that I completely understand how it works before I made my decision to do it.  Furthermore, I'm going to be under the care of a physician that I trust.

And one reason that I understand what will happen is because I've experienced it first hand when I was pregnant. 
hCG weight loss studies have shown that weight lost following the Simeons protocol comes directly from adipose fat tissue rather than lean muscle.  In doing so, the weight lost comes directly from fat and does not strip the body of much needed muscle, vitamins or minerals essential to maintain good health, while at the same time, releasing excessive amounts of fat-stored nutrients into the blood stream to be absorbed by the body.  For this reason, hCG dieters report a feeling and appearance of great health and marvel at the loss of negative health risks they had as an overweight individual. 


Another benefit that I'm excited about is this diet's ability to reset the hypothalamus. I feel like my body has been stuck at a set weight that I can't get past.
hCG diet shots cause your hypothalamus to mobilize the fat out of the fat storage locations so that it’s available for use.  While you are only consuming 500 calories, your hypothalamus is continually releasing the fat stored in your body.  Because of this, your body is actually operating on thousands of calories a day.  The result is your body using thousands of calories of fat from your body each day, the reason hCG dieters lose 1 to 2 lbs of fat or more, per day. 
And, of course.... I have a plan! I'm not just going to sit back and watch the pounds drop away.  I've convinced my husband to join the gym and we are going to work out together several times a week.  So, while I'm training my body with exercise and getting into that habit.  I will also be re-training myself to eat healthier.  That ball has already been rolling for a while now.....

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Personally, I can't imagine having that hormone in my system ever again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could try this, too, it sounds wonderful. And that's great you convinced him to join the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, exercise and diet are interconnected. When I'm working out, I find that I have the willpower and determination to control what goes in my mouth. Good luck on making these positive changes for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear about your results on it! My body has been stuck at the same weight for a long time now too. And I'm SO tired of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of the hCG diet before last week. It sounds interesting, and I look forward to hearing about your experience with it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to hearing your experiences with this diet.

    And I'm happy for you that you convinced the hub and can go to the gym!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!