Monday, December 28, 2009

hCG Diet: VLCD Day 3

Hunger Pains....I'm thinking it's entirely possible that I have no idea what it feels like to be hungry.  Have I really ever allowed my stomach to be empty for long?  Judging from urges to want to munch all day and my lack of willpower in the past, I think it's true.

The major feeling that people deal with in the first few days of Phase 2 is a feeling of emptiness in their stomachs. This is quite different than hunger pains. Weighing yourself daily and seeing the spectacular results will keep your motivation high, allowing you to overcome any short-term hunger.
I read that this could go on for 7-10 days.....

This brings me to one of my goals for me and my family.  Smaller portions!  We'd done this before but dear husband has returned to going back for seconds and sometimes.....thirds.  And eating what the kids don't eat.  I'm on the lookout for smaller dinner plates.....


Okay, so I weighed this morning and I only lost .4 pounds.

But....I'm having one little problem that only fiber can cure...if you know what I mean.  I have instructed my nursemaid (Bobbi) to talk to Cindi about it and tell me what to do.  I also think I might have eaten one too many melba toasts yesterday.  DAMN THE MELBA TOAST!

Side Note: I haven't needed TUMS in two days.  And I slept well last night, waking very refreshed but I had a headache.  I normally wake up feeling like I need more sleep....this is amazing!

Tomorrow....I'm taking measurements.




10 comments:

  1. I am glad you finally are able to sleep. A loss is a loss! Keep it up and I am excited to hear about your measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/2 lb a day for the 60 days of the protocol equals 30 lbs, right? So you're right on track, I'd say :) Eat more of those raw greens, and can you have prunes or raisins? Oranges are also loaded with fiber...

    KEEP GOING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great...take the loss where you can get it! Relish in the small successes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember .4 is better loss than gain. Drink lots of water or tea to help get past the hunger. When I did it I was drinking Pero (it is like Mormon coffee but really good for you & using Truvia for the sweetener due to the other ones making me sick.
    Keep praying and ask for help with the hunger. It will help wonders. I will be praying for you. You CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the progress reports. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you IM? let's chat! then i don't have to have the kids/husband listening in to my conversation. i'm on gchat, msn messenger, facebook chat, whatevs.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are really less than -.4lbs. Just take some senakot (sp?) and THEN reweigh. LOL, I always weigh AFTER I'm properly "empty" ;-)

    And feeling hungry is awful. But after a couple days your body will adjust and you won't feel it as bad. Can you take an appetite suppressant for a day or two until your stomach gets used to not being full so much?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Depending on how strict you're going to be about not mixing veggies, I'd recommend eating salad greens with every meal, and a nice-size portion, the darker the greens, the better. Not only will it make you feel fuller, but it will give you the fiber you need!

    Are you doing injections?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Christy!

    Yes, I"m doing injections. Thanks for the tip about the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so wonderful about the sleep and .4lbs in a day is wonderful!!

    Maybe you need to drink more water. Dr. Oz says water is always what pushes that stuff out. Also, having less coffee than you are used to could constipate you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!