Tuesday, December 29, 2009

hCG Diet: VLCD Day 4

Yesterday....was hard.

My husband is working from home this week so the whole family went to the store together so that he could take a little break.  I brought home some fresh shrimp to eat for my dinner and picked up a couple onions and some strawberries.  And I got a Lobster Tail for Thursday night's dinner.

We came home to a huge mess.  I had left my sister's dog in the house because it was freezing outside and he went crazy.  He ate bread out of the pantry and pulled the kid's sippy cups out of the sink and chewed them up.  But he was no where to be found.....

I finally found him in my daughter's room.  He had shut the door on himself because he was investigating a bag of dirty diapers on the back of the door and then he pawed at the blinds and broke them.  Wooden blinds....expensive wooded  blinds.  He also destroyed Mallory's purple butterfly....she was devastated.

This made me stressed.  My children were crying, my husband was mad and I was trying to clean up the mess.  And I wanted chocolate and a soda in a really bad way.

Of course, I couldn't and didn't indulge but I realized what a stress eater I am and that this is one of the things I need to work on.

My shrimp was delicious!

I slept like a rock last night...9 and a half hours.  I rarely get more than 7 so this was amazing.  But when I got up, I felt terrible....my arms and legs felt heavy and I was light headed.  I almost passed out in the kitchen and had to go sit down.

I discussed my symptoms with my husband and decided that I should eat my apple.  It's been 30 minutes and I feel much better....my head is still a little foggy but that's normal for me.  :)

I think until my body gets used to this....I should be eating my apple in the morning....I had no idea I had low blood sugar issues.

And now...for the numbers!

I lost .8 pounds!

And that's not all!

Waist:             36       in..........35     in      1 inch
Hips:               45       in..........43.5  in      1.5 inches
(*)(*)              41       in..........40.5  in      .5 inches
Upper Thigh: 21.75 in......... 21      in     .75 inches
Lower Thigh: 20.25 in.........19.75 in     .5 inches
Calf:                17.25 in.........17       in     .25 inches
Bicep:             12.75 in.........12.25  in     .5 inches


Not too bad for less than a week!

10 comments:

  1. LOL sorry but I can only imagine. I am afraid I would KILL the damn dog. Just an idea.
    Way to go on the inches! That is beyond awesome for less than a week.
    Good for you to not let the stress take control. You are going to do this!!!!!
    The side effects will get better in a few days (at least that is wht people have told me)
    XO

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so over this dog being in my house! The dog hair issue alone drives me crazy!

    I was just telling Bobbi....that I'm an equal opportunity eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, stressed!

    Thanks so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that was a shitty day. I hope the dog issues resolve themselves (yours and mine!). Yes, I would definitely eat the apple every morning. Low blood sugar will make you feel so crappy and you need some energy. Great job so far, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I would have been pissed at the dog too!

    Congrats on the inches! Thats awesome! Im a stress eater too, and bored, and happy, and nothing better to do, and any other emotion really

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so well! I hear you though on the equal opportunity eating. Any emotion works...I'll eat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the loss in both weight and inches. And the dog... I can totally sympathize with you on that one. My hubby left our puppy out of her cage for one day. I came home to all my carpet in a pile. UGH.... got to love the animals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two dogs--I know what you're talking about. I remember the Great Throw Pillow Massacre of 2009. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awful day.... does Cooper need to visit CO and teach the doggies a thing or two ;)

    You lost almost another pound! WAY TO GO!

    You've lost more weight in a few days than I've lost in weeks of training for the 5k! WOO HOO!

    I'm so proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, maybe if the dog paid rent... lol! As I say to all my BIFs who have had a hard day - sucks to be you! On the other hand, it rocks to be you when you're losing 5 lbs and MANY inches - you go Girl! Way to resist temptation too :) Score = Connie 1, Satan 0

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have gone crazy too finding such a mess when I got home.

    Wauw you are really doing great Connie on this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!