Saturday, December 26, 2009

hCG Diet: VLCD Day 1

I'm currently doing a brand new round of hCG, click HERE to follow along.

VLCD = Very Low Calorie Diet

Hey everyone!  I made it through my second load day but I don't feel like I really loaded very well.  I tried to eat as much as I could but I was never really stuffed....not the way fast food makes you feel.  Hopefully, that won't be a problem in the next few days.

One problem I'm having already...is sleep.  My newly faux pregnant body is getting me up to pee every two hours and I'm one of those people that can't go back to sleep if she's awoken in the night.  So...I've been awake since 4am.  I think I only got about 4.5 hours of sleep.  Sleep is very important on this program.  This might call for some Ambien and some Depends.

I finally got up at 5am and decided that laying there thinking about how I couldn't eat until lunch time wasn't going to help me go back to sleep and there were many other things I could be doing like....drinking my precious coffee without cream or planning my goals for 2010.

In other news....Bobbi was supposed to be doing this with me....but she's not.  So I've asked her to hide her soda's and snacks in her room.  And I'm going to stick all this leftover candy down there too.

In preparation for this, I cooked up a bunch of tasty meals and stashed them in the freezer so my husband won't starve to death.  I didn't really want to be cooking for him and then eat my little meals so I thought that was the best plan.  Plus, he's told me that he can fend for himself.  This is great news because I didn't think he could.  :)

5:44am....I think I'm hungry.  It's probably just my brain telling my stomach that I won't be eating for a while.  I'm sure it's psychological.  And it's one of the things I'm planning to work on in the next 37 days.

5:00pm...Wow! Today was harder than I thought it would be.  I'm pretty sure I've been going through food/sugar withdrawals all day.  Once I ate my lunch I felt pretty full but soon I was feeling the urge to eat and my stomach was feeling empty again....even though only a few hours had passed.  I've also had a headache that wasn't helped by my attempt at a nap on the couch.

I think I might have to use my two fruit portions as snacks until I get used to not snacking all day.  And I'm having trouble finishing all of this water.


say goodbye to my little friends.....

My lunch!


I'm anxious to see what the scale says tomorrow......

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I would gnaw my arm off! LOL

    Hope tomorrow is easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Depends and Ambien! That is great :) Weight loss is mental no matter what program you are on. Our mental state is the hardest thing to get past.
    Cheering for you (can you hear me?)
    XO
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on an appetite suppressant and I STILL fight wanting to eat certain things sometimes. Of course, not like I did before, but it just goes to show you how much it IS psychological. Just keep lots of low cal stuff to snack on when you get those munchies. Love the depends remark, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!!! :) I KNOW that I would be going through sugar withdrawals. And diet soda withdrawals. :)

    Can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really will change the way you think [and feel] about food. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't really tried that kind of diet but it definitely looks effective. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    diet product reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!