Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm All In

Round 3, Phase 2, Day 3

Starting Weight:          187
Yesterday's Weight:   188.6 
Todays Weight:           184
Released:                      4.6   pounds
 
That's what I'm talking about! 
 
 I had a conversation with my brother in law on Saturday about food addiction.  After seeing me in person for the first time since I started this diet...he's interested in trying it too.  But before he committed to it...I thought I should talk about his addictions first because if you can't get a handle on them while going through this process...then it's a waste of time and energy.  

While talking to him I realized just how far I've come on this journey and what I've learned about myself.  More than anything...I feel like I've fought a battle and I've won.  That is becoming more evident when I'm off from the hormone and can make my own choices.  I'm making good ones and some of my old habits are gone....never to return. 

Remember how sad I was about bread?  I don't miss it anymore.  Chocolate and wine will always be my good friends and I think that's okay because I've also learned that I can have them...in smaller quantities.  Apparently, me and vodka have not reached that understanding yet so for now....I will refrain.

And another thing?  It's mostly in my head.  Last round, I wasn't 100% in the game but this time...I'm all in!

7 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! That is great to see how far you have come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great results! I'll have to go back and read your archives now!

    Rhoni@cybooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie - I have no words other than THAT IS FREAKIN' AWESOME! I am so proud of you! Wine and chocolate WILL always be your friend (they're good for you in moderation!) and coffee too. I figured out my calories & I can drink a mug of coffee with 1/2 tsp sugar and about a tablespoon of 1/2&1/2 - only 17 calories! Bread? Love it. Try to stay away from. I guess in the end it's all about healthy choices and moderation. You can't splurge every day & expect not to pay for it. For me, my diet starts today :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Again! You're doing great. Such a joy to cheer you on. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring loss this week, Girl! Just what I needed to pump me back up! I haven't been "all in" last week - one foot out... No more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!