Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Say Hello to TOM

Round 2, Phase 3...Day 7

(LIW):                     186
Today's Weight:     188
+/-  LIW                   +2 pounds


TOM just arrived and he says hello.  I'm still amazed every month what hormones do to a woman's body even when she is eating healthy and not eating carbs.  Since food will be on my mind for the next few days I thought I would do this little meme that I've seen floating around the internet.


FIVE FOODS I USED TO LOVE

Frozen Pizza. I grew up eating Totino's Pizza but it looks (and probably tastes) like cardboard. From now on if I'm going to have Pizza...it's gonna be the real kind from my favorite place.

Taco Bell. Another thing that seems gross now....If I'm going to eat it...I want the good stuff.

Soda. I drank some during my last load and it didn't taste good. Dr. Pepper is in my fridge and I haven't wanted it. AMAZING!

French Fries. The fat and calories are just not worth it. I'll make baked fries at home if I need to.

Hostess Fried Cherry Pie. I used to buy these when I went grocery shopping and would scarf it down on my way home...hiding the wrapper in the outside dumpster. These are soooo bad for me. I don't want to eat them anymore.


FIVE FOODS I LOVE NOW

Salad.  Especially with blue cheese, dried cranberries and pecans.  
Eggs.  LOVE them...they are good for you and I've even gotten used to using egg whites.

Avocado.  I love the creamy taste and the way it tastes with turkey.

Ribeye.  I love my meat!

Cauliflower.  I made cauliflower rice to go with my Curry and it was soooo good!  


FIVE FOODS I STILL CAN’T STAND

Cucumbers.  I've never really liked these and I ate way too many of them in my first round.

Iceberg Lettuce.  What is the point of this?

Anything Sour.  I've got a sweet tooth baby!

Hot Dogs.  I've never loved them.  Sometimes they sound good...but they aren't.
Pears.  I've never liked them.

FIVE FOODS I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT

Almonds.
Cheese.

Chocolate. 
Chicken.

Bread.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! Look at how far you've come! Congrats!

    And TOM says hello on my side as well... damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cucumbers!

    I used to eat those fruit pies and go to taco bell all the time! I can remember in high school driving to taco bell for lunch (or cutting out from school early to go to taco bell) and ordering 3 or 4 things on the menu.

    Ah, the memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on iceburg lettuce! Hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I hate that freaking TOM. It sucks.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slowly climbing back in the saddle here, my friend. Trying to catch up!

    Looks like you're plugging away. Yay! I just borrowed a book from my friend called "The Perfect Ten". When you're ready to review a maintenance plan, check it out. You can read a lot about it online. Makes sense to me. I think I'm going to give it a whirl for Chris and the boys... next week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!