Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 18: Two Ounces at a Time

Today's Weight:    199.6
Yesterday's:           199.8
RELEASED:          -.2 pounds
Total Released:      13 pounds

Week One Released:     9.2  pounds   4.4 %
Week Two Released:    3     pounds   1.4%
Week Three Released:    .8 pounds

Yesterday, it occurred to me that I was planning to celebrate my milestone with food.  sigh  Some habits are hard to break.  From this point forward I want to celebrate by doing not eating.  So, I sit here trying to think of some thing I could do for myself and my first thought is....a pedicure.  But it's 17 degrees and spring is a long way off so....no.  Again, my mind drifts to eating.  NO DANG IT....no going out to eat to celebate losing weight.  Jillian would have me in a head lock right now.

And then I know!  I love movies and Calvin and I are due for a date night so I've decided that I want to see a movie as my reward.  Of course it will have to be this weekend...because we have a busy TV schedule this week......

Dear Body,

I showed you didn't I.  Even though you are resisting me...I inched past that 200 mark.  I just wanted to chat with you for a minute and make it perfectly clear that holding me back is useless.  I'm a strong woman and I've been through a lot of crap and you can't defeat me.

I will win.

So just let go already and let me lose some more weight.  Because it's going to happen eventually...you might as well join me, because you can't beat me.

Love,

Connie

11 comments:

  1. We're still going DOWN! Congratulations, Connie. You've almost lost 20 pounds -- amazing! Enjoy your movie... you could also buy yourself a little hat, or a new cosmetic. I use the BEST lip plumper... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should reward yourself with a new pair of Yoga pants! Then have a bonfire for your old ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! A loss is a loss in my books as long as that number is going down :-))

    Enjoy the movies - what will you see. We recently saw Avatar - Brilliant!!

    Getting new yoga pants also sounds like a plan.

    Later

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a fabulous new purse? or a pair of shoes? those will always fit you as you keep losing :)

    Cheering for you from way over here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a hard habit to break. Now I have that lame 80's song in my head.

    I think that you & your body need to become friends, not enemies. Then you can work together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Connie! You are a beautiful woman - inside and out!
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do I both hate this expression, but use it anyway? "You Go Girl!"

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to show your body who's boss! Keep it up, Connie, pretty soon you'll be further and further from 200 and it'll just be a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're close to halfway to your weightloss ticker goal - whoo hoo! Remember, down in better than up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to only get pedicures in the warm months and then it occurred to me that I want to love how my feet feel and look in the winter too, and that looking pretty is for me too! I still vote for the pedicure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!