Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 9: Cheating

Today's Weight:    202.9
Yesterday's:         203.4
LOSS:                 .5 pounds
Total Loss:            9.7 pounds

Week One Loss: 9.2 pounds 

** ** ** ** ** ** ** **  

I went bowling with my family yesterday.  We gave the kids a snack and I ate my fish and tomato before we left, even though it was only 10:15am....I knew there wouldn't be anything healthy for me to eat there.  Hubby was a sweetheart and asked them to brew me some iced tea without sugar.  

It took us forever to bowl one game because our lane kept screwing up and they gave us a FREE game.  My kids can really only make it through one game; this was just their second time bowling after all. Halfway through the second game my son became very hungry and my husband decided to get the kids some lunch.  

He came back with burgercheese (that's what they call it...so cute) and Fries.  I love french fries.  Before this diet I was very good about French Fries....only eating a small amount.  I couldn't resist them.  I ate 3 really small ones when my husband wasn't looking.  They were sooooo good. 

And then when I got home, my brother in law had sent a package with Christmas presents and he sent candy bars....great big candy bars.  I ate a little piece of chocolate.

So...I'm sitting here surprised that I lost at all.  I thought for sure that I would gain today.  I'm so happy that I still lost a little bit but I think it will be a while before I cheat again! Like maybe a week.....

Thanks again for all of your support through this.  Now I need all of you to email me your phone numbers so I can call you next time I'm in a bad situation like yesterday!

11 comments:

  1. Get back on that horse today!! You are still doing great and likely ate those things out of true hunger. I hope those bits of sugar and fat don't trigger more cravings for you today!

    Do you have a transition plan after your weight loss to add more food in slowly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing your triggers is a good thing.
    Get back on plan today and move on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little slip is ok, you will get right back on track and be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie,

    Clearly you are committed to getting healthy and utilizing the Hcg method to do so...you only need to reflect on what was going through your mind the split second before deciding that those off-program bites were justified.

    This is your tummy speaking...don't send down any malto-meal!

    *hugs

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl!! It is obvious from your posts and tweets that you are truly putting yourself inyo changing your life! Thsnks for sharing your triumphs and struggles~keep it up, slow andd steady wins the race!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can have my phone number but it's going to be an expensive call :lol:

    Yes maybe you cheated but when I read what you ate: 3 french fries and a piece of a chocolate bar? That's just a little bit so don't worry. You could have eaten all of it but you didn't.

    I agree with you that not buying anything is going to be hard. I think that it's even harder to work out and lose weight :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great Connie. You ate a few bites which satisfied your craving. Keep up the good work! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. Take a deep breath and REFOCUS. I am SO pulling for you. Isn't ridiculous how much power food has over us?! Me too! I know I'm not carrying extra weight right now, but I truly understand [we'll chat another time...]. Back on that horse, Missy! You can call me ANY time! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I allow myself to cheat every now and then, too. But I don't like to call it cheating, I like to call it TREATING. Because if I get all guilty about it I may say "screw it" and REALLY cheat. I just try to factor my treats into my daily calorie limit. (I know your diet is way stricter, though and probably not a flexible from what I have read) Like today I had a Russell Stover chocolate marshmallow heart as a treat. Just one. It was sooooo good and it satisfied my sweet tooth.

    Don't get down on yourself, just get back on the saddle and keep on riding! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one choice at a time. Shake it off. You can do this! Only one month to go...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheating on this diet is the absolute suck :( You will probably not see a loss really for the next 3-4 days. But please, don't get discouraged..just accept that you didn't follow protocol, accept your stall and vow to make better choices in the future. You just can't cheat on this diet, it does no good...it only makes everything worse. No matter how many people tell you that you need to cheat for you 'mental health' or whatever...just remember that it is never, ever worth it. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!