Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 8: Happiness

Today's Weight:    203.4
Yesterday's:         204.2
LOSS:                 .8 pounds
Total Loss:            9.2 pounds

I wasn't expecting much today. I ate tenderloin that my husband smoked and when I plugged it into my smartpeople food log this morning, I see that it sent me over my 500 limit. I also enjoyed a lobster tail....without butter and you know what? It was awesome without it!

I also didn't drink enough water.

I went to the grocery store to do my bi-monthly shopping and lucky for me Bobbi wanted to go with me. I don't feel like I can be trusted to go to the store alone right now. I'm doing well with the program but I'm afraid that once I'm off on my own I might cheat. My food boyfriend was lurking around every corner....

Kyle at Getting Better and Better (he vlogged...see how cute he is) tagged me for meme this week.  He wants to know the 10 things that make me happy.  Happy is my theme this year...at my other blog, I'm working on my very own happiness project and I've got a bunch of friends joining me.


Connie's Top Ten Things That Make Her Happy

10.  Music and Musicals....this  and this are my favorite songs right now.
9.    Coffee...it's Mommy's Best Friend and I recently had syphon coffee.
8.    Movies...I love watching movies.  I watched 500 days of Summer last night. 
7.    Reading...blogs, books and magazines.  I could read all day....
6.    Cooking....I love making new recipes and trying new foods.
5.    Traveling....I love to plan trips...even if we don't take them.
4.    My husband...love of my life, treats me like a queen.
3.    Shopping with my sister Bobbi.  We have THE best time together.*
2.    Chocolate.  I love it.  Chocolate Covered Orange Sticks are my kryptonite.
1.    My kids...they are amazing, lovely, funny people.

And now I'm supposed to link to blogger friends so we can see what makes them happy!

Fit Mommy Now
Desperately Seeking Size 10
Fran Wants to be A Healthy Girl


*except when she photographs me at Walmart in too short pants and my winter boots and posts it on TWITTER.

13 comments:

  1. Way to go Connie. Just remember that what you think is what will be. Be positive and things will start to open for you. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats connie on making such a whole hearted effort. and this whole posting your weight, scare me later. KUDOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you know it, you're going to break the 200 mark. How exciting! One day at a time. If the tenderloin and lobster was a splurge, just get right back on the program, drink more water and tea. Think long-term consistency.

    I read that it takes about three weeks for a lifestyle change to REALLY take hold. You'll battle old patterns until then. One week down, two more to go. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *blushes...yes...I am cute! (thanks...*hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Connie, I could almost copy your list because there are 7 things on your list that make me happy too but I'll make my own list on my next blog.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're at almost 10 pounds! You should put in your daily updates what day you're on too.

    Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing so well, I'm very proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great List! I'll be sure to do a Happiness post on my blog later today! Thanks for the linkage!

    You are doing phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I love butter (and I do mean LOVE!), I actually prefer my crab legs and lobster without. I think the butter crowds the taste.

    Way to go, keeping yourself accountable at the grocery store. I know what you mean. It's like setting a junkie loose in a crack den ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, we have exactly the same list! I should just copy & paste yours... No wonder we were insta-friends :) You're doing awesome, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the loss. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love getting feedback and making new friends! Your support is much appreciated!